An airdrop to the users and / or the larger DeFi community will distribute ownership, reward a certain community friendly behaviour, give attention for rebrand and ultimatly bring in new people.
I would suggest 5M vbzrx as budget. But using vesties could cause confusion for the old brandname and conversion - we should figure this out.
Just an quick brainstorm concept for distribution:
bzrx community internal:
- to all wallets, who
- interacted with fulcrum/torque in past. Amount depending who is being received based on a formula taking into account: first time interaction and past volume into account. Early adopters and revenue providers could be honored like this.
- bought bzx on presale
- who had open positions during the problems of early 2020 / late 2020
Distribution to the larger DeFi community:
To all wallets, who
- received the initial UNI airdrop and still hold their this amount or more UNI
- received the initial 1inch airdrop and still hold their this amount or more 1inch
- received the initial dydx airdrop and still hold their this amount or more dydx (these guys are our target audience)
- contributed to gitcoin
- exclude exchange wallets
The negative points I right now are:
- cost for the treasury
- many could dump it quickly and put pressure on the price short term
- additional work to prepare this
The items on the lists are just brainstorming results, let’s not focus on them, but on the idea of the airdrop itself.
These are examples of course which came to my mind - I want to address the part of DeFi community, who don’t just claim and dumps their airdrops.